Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hot Dog

Let me start by saying that I know there are a lot of people living out there in the 120 degree DRY Arizona heat but I am not cut out of it.  Michigan has been hit with several days in the 90's with a terribly high humidity and it's starting to take its toll on everyone.  There was actually a heat advisory that included tips such as: stay inside, don't keep pets in the yard all day, drink lots of water, and check on your ill or elderly neighbors.  Winnie has taken this advice to heart.  She planted herself in our recliner and has held her post without much exception.  I snapped this photo last night (sorry for the poor quality, the only thing handy was my phone) when it occurred to me that this was almost exactly the position I found her in that morning. 

So... Winnie and I wish you and yours a summer of fun... as long as it's not too hot.  :-)

7 comments:

Katie said...

That looks quite comfy to me. Why to find a cool post Winnie.

Kelly said...

I hate the heat! I don't blame Winnie for lounging all day :)

Amy said...

Do you think this is an example of "A Dog's Life?" or "Dog Tired"? :-)

betty said...

found your blog through the comment you left on A Daily Corgi blog. Winnie is adorable!! loved her picture sleeping in the recliner! hoping it cools down a bit for you guys! I think corgis and heat don't go along really well together.

betty

Amy said...

Naw... something about that Welsh heritage, I think. :-) Your little pup is a cutie, too. She looks a lot like Winnie's mom, red head and black saddle. :-)

RachTrem said...

I'm just catching up now, but I saw that you're from Michigan! I'm originally from there and we just got back from a visit. The humidity was AWFUL!

I think Winnie had the right idea of lounging inside.

Amy said...

Summer IS the time to be in Michigan but it's been SO HOT lately. Winnie just slumps around outside then comes back into the AC when she's done with her "business." We go for walks in the early morning or late evening. Horrible.

Where are you now Rachel?